EAT RIGHT AFRICAN NETWORK (ERAN), DETOX- PROGRAM
Eat Right African Network (ERAN), detox- program, is one of the programs of Eat Right Society, a Non-Governmental Organization, that envision a society where generations are able to prevent, abate and reverse harmful effects of nutritional malpractices, malnutrition, unhealthy habits, environmental pollution and sanitation thereby living quality and longer lives.
This is a project where people come together to detoxify or cleanse their body system two times a year that is, every six months (March 1st to 30th and September 1st to 30th). The group uses various natural mechanisms with some herbal supplements containing ingredient that has been known to aid detoxification of specific organs or general body system. This has been found to have so many health benefits. The ERAN 2019B Detox (September 1st to 30th) is on-going …
YOU CAN STILL BE A PART OF THIS!!!
WHAT DOES DETOX MEAN?
“It’s how your body gets rid of waste,” Dr. Hyman explains. “If waste builds up, we get sick. The key becomes figuring out how to enhance our body’s capacity to detoxify and get rid of waste while minimizing our exposure to toxins.”
Dr. Hyman explains that toxic chemicals, from food, air, the environment are absorbed by the body every day. “According to the non profit organization, Environmental Working Group, the average newborn baby has 287 known toxins in his or her umbilical cord blood,” Dr. Hyman says. This means the mother is exposed to at least this many toxins on a daily basis, “so imagine how many you have been exposed to in your life,” he says. “The simple truth is that we are living in a sea of toxins and it is destroying our bodies and brains,” says Dr. Hyman, not one to sugarcoat anything—literally and figuratively speaking.
Practiced for centuries by cultures around the world including Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine systems — detoxification is about resting, cleansing and nourishing the body from the inside out by removing and eliminating toxins, then feeding your body with healthy nutrients. Detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health through a range of methods including yoga, meditation and more.
HOW DOES DETOXIFICATION WORK?
Basically, detoxification means cleansing the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin. However, when these systems are compromised, impurities are not properly filtered and the body is adversely affected.
A detox program can help the body’s natural cleansing process by:
- Resting the organs through fasting;
- Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body;
- Promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys, and skin;
- Improving circulation of blood; and
- Refueling the body with healthy nutrients.
“Detoxification works because it addresses the needs of individual cells, the smallest units of human life,” says Peter Bennett, N.D., co-author of 7-Day Detox Miracle with Stephen Barrie, N.D., and Sara Faye.
HOW DO YOU START A DETOX?
First, lighten up your toxin load. Eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars, and saturated fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are obstacles to your healing process. Also, minimize use of chemical-based household cleaners and personal health care products (cleansers, shampoos, deodorants, and toothpastes), and substitute natural alternatives.
Another hindrance to good health is stress, which triggers your body to release stress hormones into your system. While these hormones can provide the “adrenaline rush” to win a race or meet a deadline, in large amounts they create toxins and slow down detoxification enzymes in the liver. Yoga, Qigong and meditation are simple and effective ways to relieve stress by resetting your physical and mental reactions to the inevitable stress life will bring.
TOP 10 WAYS TO HELP YOUR BODY DETOXIFY
After a detoxification program, you can cleanse your body daily with these diet supplements and lifestyle practices:
- Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
- Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Drink at least two quarts of water a day, made easy by bringing our 32 oz. Stainless Steel Wide Mouth Water Bottle with you everywhere you go!
- Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
- Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
- Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
- Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate waste through perspiration.
- Dry-brush your skin or try detox foot spas/foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
- Exercise, yoga or jump-roping are good. One hour every day.” Also try Qigong, a martial arts based exercise system that includes exercises specifically for detoxifying or cleansing, as well as many other exercises with specific health benefits.
ARE YOU READY TO DETOX?
You should join us too at our ERAN DETOX PROGRAM. See the flyer above for more info.